Pre-Reg Optometrists VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES
The Pre-Registration period can be a challenging time for most Optometry post-graduates, but at Optical Express we have all the experience and guidance you will need to make it a successful and enjoyable year.
The current Pre-Registration format is aimed at those who adequately prepare for their quarterly competency and final assessments. We provide our graduate Optometrists with a structured series of courses throughout the year to ensure that they stay on track and succeed in each assessment. As with every intake of pre-reg students, our aim is simple and twofold: Firstly, we aim to have all of our students in a position to sit their final assessment during the first sitting. Last year 90% of Optical Express students achieved this. Secondly, we aim to have all of our students pass their final assessment at the first sitting. Last year over 80% of Optical Express students achieved this, which is significantly higher than the national average.
Our Pre-Reg Supervisors are a group of highly skilled clinicians who receive specialist training on how they can help their student to achieve success. Together you will form a strong and trusting partnership and will be given study time together to work through mock refractions and clinical decision making case examples.
Pre-Registration Optometrists form an integral part of the store teams and will engage in a range of daily activities. We have a structured approach to sight test times which builds clinical confidence and skill level accordingly and in a timely manner. We have a skilled and experienced Training and Development team which oversees the Graduate Optometrist Training Programme that consists of College Assessors and Examiners, Ophthalmologists, Senior Clinicians and experienced Supervisors. Collectively the Training and Development team at Optical Express provide an invaluable resource for any student facing the challenges of the pre-registration assessments.
We are seeking high calibre students who are pro-active in their approach to learning and who have an interest in continuing to progress their careers beyond the Pre-Reg assessments.
Key Responsibilites & Requirements
Key responsibilities include:
- Self preparation for the College of Optometrist quarterly assessments and final qualifying exams
- Providing world class patient care during eye examinations and contact lens fitting and aftercare
- Adding value and contributing significantly to your clinic team and supporting the development of co-workers
- Recommending the most suitable eye care solution to each patient
- You should have a proactive approach to self development
- You must hold a student registration with the GOC and obtain a minimum 2:2 degree classification in Optometry
- Optical Express Summer School experience is preferable